At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Responsible for supervising volunteers and for the planning, coordinating, and managing of all
volunteer services and activities. Coordinates and provides clerical support for the overall daily
1. *Coordinates and maintains an effective and efficient office environment.
2. *Performs referral intake, insurance verification/authorization, communication with clinics to obtain appropriate physician signatures, etc.
3. *In collaboration with the Manager, supervises the recruiting and retaining of quality community volunteers to fulfill the agency’s need for those services.
4. *Participates in the selection, supervision, and performs performance evaluations of the volunteer staff.
5. *Demonstrates an understanding of CMS requirements for Home Health and Hospice and provides direction to staff.
6. *Responsible for ordering and maintaining medical supply inventory.
7. *Coordinates comprehensive volunteer training programs.
8. *Maintains volunteer attendance records, activity logs and reporting per regulatory requirements.
9. *Motivates and recognizes the volunteers through a variety of social programs/activities and an annual recognition program.
10. *Coordinates and facilitates annual Hospice memorial event and other fund raising events as directed.
1. Associates degree preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
2. Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in Hospice volunteer coordination and leadership required.
3. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Home Health/Hospice office operations preferred.
4. Understanding of leadership best practices and proactive team/individual development and conflict resolution.
5. Thorough knowledge of Hospice/Home Health rules and regulations pertaining to Medicare, Medicaid and other payer types required.
6. Skilled in the use of all office equipment to include, but not limited to computers, fax machine, scanner. Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Skilled in grammar, punctuation and spelling.
7. Ability to make independent judgments under stressful situations at times. Must work in planned manner without direct supervision.
8. Ability to use good judgment, apply a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.