At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Performs transporting, assists with various patient care functions, and other duties under the direction and supervision of Registered Technologists (Rad, CT, NM, MRI, U/S), Nurses, Radiologists, and Imaging Service Management.
1. Reviews requisition and order for patient demographics and examination accuracy including physician signature.
2. Interviews patients, obtain consent and ABN when necessary, and explains examination procedure.
3. Assists technologist with patient positioning, using appropriate shielding when possible.
4. Provides for patient comfort when appropriate (i.e. warm blanket, positioning aid, etc.).
5. Assist with ordering, amending, and completing exams in the radiology information system.
6. Assists schedulers and other clerical staff in process of preparing next day schedule and acquisition of prior studies, etc.
7. Assists technologist with processing of digital and plain film images as directed.
8. Demonstrates initiative by floating to other areas within Imaging without direction.
9. Consistently demonstrates the ability to recognize and prioritize tasks, dealing with them promptly.
10. Obtains clear and accurate phone messages.
11. Maintains oxygen tank and other supplies for departments.
12. Maintains required continuing education per hospital policy and credentialing body.
13. *Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work as scheduled by department leadership.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Current Heartsaver AED CPR certification.
3. Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent telephone skills.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.