Performs accounting functions for KRH and related entities. Level 1 accounting duties may include, but are not limited to; primarily maintaining Fixed Assets and related subsidiary ledger, works closely with cash management lead and billing department personnel to balance, reconcile and perform analytical discrepancy reviews of clinic bank accounts in a timely manner.
1. *Performs monthly accurate and timely reconciliation of deposits for the KRHPN clinics primarily via Excel data imports and pivot tables. . The reconciliation process entails significant transactional research and diligence on single and/or split batches for multiple clinic deposits into specific bank account(s).
2. *Builds close and positive working relationships with clinic managers and the KRHPN Billing Department to resolve issues with missing deposits. Responsible for ordering deposit books for KRHPN clinics.
3. *Accurately prepares downloads of data for non-clinical bank reconciliations and reconciles the postings from AR systems to the general ledger.
4. *Processes and analyzes monthly activity and prepares journal entries for KRH entities, to include: general ledger account reconciliations, monthly hospital and clinic close entries, cash postings and entries. Maintains and ensures appropriate support documentation/records that accompany all entries and reconciliations to expedite review by internal staff, auditors and Director. May perform statistical reporting as needed.
5. *Supports preparation and completion of external audit schedules/reconciliations for annual and interim audits and tax reporting for assigned KRH entities. Assists in preparation of the annual audit surrounding cash balances.
6. *Cross trains and provides backup support for other team members related to daily routines and monthly close processes.
7. *Responsible for Fixed Asset duties such as, but not limited to;, assist with maintaining FA subsidiary ledger including additions, retirements and transfers. Reconciles to the general ledger per department protocol. Assists in preparation of related schedules for audit annually and for tax returns as required by filing dates.
8. *Responsible for the following: data research and retrieval for FA general ledger additions and reviews expenses to ensure transactions are recorded per Admin capital policy and GAAP. Assists with accurate and timely calculation and recording of depreciation expense, accumulated depreciation and gain(loss) calculations as it relates to the subsidiary ledger, general ledger, audit and budget. Accurately assigns useful lives to fixed assets.
9. May serve as backup for peers with accounting duties that may include, but are not limited to; prepare, reconcile and maintain construction-in-process schedules, depreciation projections, maintain financial and statistical records, client billing, property tax tracking and payment processing, and may assist in financial statement/board packet preparation.
10. *Assists the Director and Manager of Reimbursement and/or peers with special projects and requests as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA preferred.
2. Minimum of one (1) year of specific accounting experience preferred.
3. Computer skills: Excel required, Word and PowerPoint preferred, Meditech a plus.
4. Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills required to interact professionally with department leads and present information clearly to others.
5. Must possess problem solving skills, ability to follow directions, understand and review work, and use judgment.
6. Must be able to multi-task and perform accurate, quality work with interruptions and minimal supervision. Is self-directed but also a team player.
7. Possess ability to prioritize a changing and diverse workload and possess outstanding time management skills while working under stressful time constraints.
8. Must be flexible to change.