Responsible for initiating, educating, monitoring and billing of all Cardiac Device Monitored patients. Provides support to ensure that all devices are interrogated, tracked and billed within defined guidelines. May be required to assist physicians /APCs in the clinic and with “outreach” clinics.
1. *Performs device interrogation, assesses device operating effectiveness and programming.
2. *Responsible for Holter monitor analysis. Accurately and timely generates reports for provider’s review and tracks appropriately for follow up protocol, billing, and device interrogation.
3. *Downloads all remote rhythm monitoring reports and prepares for the reading Physician.
4. *Assures appropriate and timely device patient follow-up and prepares physician reports.
5. *Ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies to support patient billing.
6. *Reviews accuracy of downloaded device information.
7. *Maintains daily records as required by standard protocol.
8. *Tracks and bills monitored (i.e implantable cardiac monitor, Optival, holter/event monitor) patients.
9. *Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all supplies including cleaning and restocking monitors for the Holter program at RMHL and all outlying outreach clinics.
10. *Preauthorizes testing and procedures to ensure reimbursement.
11. *Supports all RMHL providers as requested.
1. Minimum of one (1) year’s experience in a patient care setting or post high school education required.
2. LPN, CMA, MA, CNA, EMT or other relevant/equivalent education/experience preferred.
3. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with cardiac rhythm management preferred.
4. Knowledge of cardiac rhythms, EKG/Holter/Event monitors, pacemakers and defibrillators preferred.
5. Knowledge of hospital compliance, and patient confidentiality regulations.
6. Must possess ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members and patients. Must work effectively in a team environment.
7. Knowledge of computer data entry/retrieval skills, such as: MS Office Suite and electronic medical record systems preferred.