Facilitates outstanding customer service and smooth patient flow by: completing patient appointments; receiving, registering, and checking out as needed; and completing other necessary clinical & clerical duties. Works closely with outlying clinics in coordinating patient schedules.
1. *Schedules appointments or medical procedures and monitors call backs; performs the complete patient appointment process as needed. Schedules and coordinates outreach clinic patients and referrals. Schedules multiple tests and referrals for patients.
2. *Provides reception duties including: phone skills, customer relations, message taking, prescription refills and documentation, as well as performs scheduling functions.
3. *Maintains and files medical records. Mails letters of referral, etc as requested.
4. *Processes insurance information: authorization requests, etc.
5. *Maintains supplies and stock items.
6. *Works closely with all clinic staff to ensure the Clinic runs smoothly.
7. *Multi-tasks, adapts, and quickly follows direction to meet placement needs in multiple sites.
8. *As necessary, accurately transcribes medical reports, and proofreads all work transcribed ensuring proper patient and physician names, checking spelling and punctuation.
9. *Capable of rooming patients and supporting medical assistants, front desk personnel, billing and coding, and physicians, when necessary.
10. *Perform and assist with Revenue and Revenue Cycle related tasks such as: creating claims, reconciling daily clinic deposits, submitting weekly and monthly reports to select leadership, compare and review coding sheets and running day sheet charges.