1. *Delivers basic patient care under the guidance and direction of the RN/LPNs on the unit to safely meet the needs of the patient(s).
2. *Refers to the patient care Kardex and/or eKardex to maintain patient care goals. Communicates with the RN/LPN in an effort to coordinate workloads and patient priorities.
3. *Performs accurate CNA assessment while taking patient’s vital signs. Informs the RN/LPN assigned to the patient of any abnormal vital signs and/or changes in the patient’s condition.
4. *Maintains patient privacy as defined by KRMC policies and procedures.
5. *Assists patient with activities of daily living such as ambulation, transferring to a chair, eating, grooming, etc. Monitors patients’ activity to prevent them from harm.
6. *Documents in a timely and efficient manner the care rendered to the patient as defined by KRMC policy and procedures.
7. *Assists the RN/LPN in maintaining unit function by restocking of rooms and supply areas.
8. *Maintains equipment in patient care rooms for safety and cleanliness.
9. *Assists the RN/LPN with maintaining compliance with Medicare and all applicable regulatory standards.
10. *Works with the RN/LPNs to set and maintain priorities for patient care tasks.
11. *Adheres to and upholds all organizational customer service policies and standards while caring for patients, their families and interacting with co-workers and physicians.