At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Responsible for preparing, working with, and delivering food according to the nutritional needs of the patients, residents, and personnel of Kalispell Regional Healthcare Systems. Practice a high level of quality, sanitation, and safety.
Core Duties – All Levels
1. *Visits patients and obtains meal selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. *Suggest appropriate options for patients prescribed a modified diet.
3. *Provides excellent, compassionate service to each and every person every time with integrity.
4. *Produces and delivers meal trays per each meal order and anticipates patients’ needs and offers appropriate accompaniments.
5. *Ability to work with Nursing to communicate patient needs when outside scope of practice.
6. *Completes daily, weekly and monthly sanitation tasks as assigned.
7. *Follows all policies to ensure patient safety including:
a. Infection control practice
b. Food safety practice
c. HIPPA policy, patient privacy
d. Information systems security.
1. All core duties.
1. *All Core duties.
2. *Round on Nursing.
3. *Communicates with Nursing to develop individualized care with each assigned patient.
4. *Ensures all daily, weekly and monthly sanitation check lists are completed.
1. *All Core duties.
2. *Mentors and trains Host I and II employees in all areas.
3. *Performs test tray audits.
4. *Maintains 75% daily average of assigned patient meal orders.
Host I Qualifications
1. Meets Core Qualifications for all levels.
2. CPFM Certification preferred or ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire.
3. Must complete net learning minimum competency Training within first 30 days in:
a. Customer Service.
b. Trayline patient service delivery scripting module.
c. Therapeutic diet training.
d. National dysphagia diet training.
e. Trained and competent in Hospital Menus and order entry system in Horizon.
f. Information Security.
Host II Qualifications
1. Meet Host I qualifications.
2. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a customer service or professional kitchen or one (1) year experience as a Trayline Aide required. Minimum of six (6) months training in Patient Services with KRHS preferred.
a. Pass Comprehensive training in modified texture including NDD1, NDD2, and NDD3 diets.
b. Pass Comprehensive Training in Carbohydrate Counting diets
c. Pass Comprehensive Training in therapeutic diets including AHA and Renal diets
d. Pass Comprehensive training in Food Allergies and intolerances.
e. Pass comprehensive menu exam with 95% score.
f. Participate and demonstrate Rise & Shine Training.
g. Achieve 70% average of daily meal orders for assigned patients.
h. Participates in the daily huddle with contribution of safety stories and exemplary customer service.
i. Maintains CPFM.
Host III Qualifications
1. Meet all Host II qualifications.
2. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in patient customer service in a full service cafeteria program.
3. Minimum of two (2) years of KRHS experience, or documented skill with serving patient meals.
4. Demonstrates competence in all patient meal service areas of KRHS.
5. Demonstrates ability to train and mentor Host I and II employees in all areas.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.