At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provides KRMC Lab patient services that include phlebotomy/specimen processing. Follows processes for Target Zero in order to provide patient safety throughout all tasks. Exhibits excellent customer service skills.
1. *Demonstrates good judgment in the application of pediatric and adult venipunctures. Recognizes when and how to ask for assistance on difficult or challenging specimen collections. Explains collection procedures clearly and completely to patients for on-site specimen collections and for at-home specimen collections.
2. *Serves as an advocate/educator for improved collection and ordering procedures for outreach clinics and inpatient staff.
3. *Serves as primary contact for all inquiries in order to provide timely status and processing updates of all specimens including but not limited to; STAT, Urgent, or Routine. Directs unresolved issues to the appropriate teams, including but not limited to; Admitting, LIS, HIT, Tech Supervisors, Outreach Coordinator, and Send Outs.
4. *Accurately orders and cancels tests in the Meditech system. Ensures correct patient identification and information when ordering/cancelling tests.
5. *Answers telephones promptly and courteously. Obtains and delivers clear and accurate phone message, with primary emphasis on accuracy and superior customer relations and telephone etiquette. Ensures questions are answered or referred within the lab to the correct department or individual in a timely manner.
6. *Documents all phone calls in Quickbase software. Analyzes trends of incoming and outgoing calls. Develops suggestions/solutions to improve workflow.
7. *Understanding of and complies with the Patients’ Rights Policy.
8. *Consistently demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize tasks, dealing with them promptly. Takes responsibility for completing all applicable tasks during the work shift, without sacrificing quality or work performed.
9. *Verifies patient identification prior to collection and labels specimens accurately. Handles incoming specimens, including those for the general laboratory, microbiology, pathology, and cytology. Sorts and delivers to processing, after checking accuracy of requisition and labeling of specimens. Assists customers at the specimen dispatch area with handling of specimens.
10. *Ability to work with and obtain mastery of multiple lab interfaces, including but not limited to; ECW, MAC, POM, AOM, and Image Now. Ability to troubleshoot interface software and application related problems.
1. Phlebotomy experience/completed college course work in phlebotomy or science preferred; other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
2. Current CPR certification preferred, or will obtain upon hire.
3. Experience with Information Technology (IT) or Healthcare Information Systems preferred.
4. Possess and maintain computer skills and the ability to learn new software as needed.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members and patients. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
6. Ability to make independent judgments under stressful situations at times. Must work in a planned manner without direct supervision.
7. Ability to use good judgment, apply a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.