At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Assists with the Sports, Physical Activities and Recreation for Kids (S.P.A.R.K) program. Assists in preparing and implementing appropriate age specific activities for children 6-12. Activities include art projects, fitness fun, sports skills and a variety of cooperative games. The S.P.A.R.K. Assistant is responsible for checking in and checking out each child in addition to supervising their participation in the program.
1. * Assists with implementation and monitoring of activities and programs for S.P.A.R.K participants.
2. * Consistently provides assistance and constructive feedback to S.P.A.R.K. Coordinator
3. * Has the ability to develop new games and activities that can be incorporated into daily lesson plans.
4. * Monitors activity sessions as assigned following lesson plan and making adjustments to the plan as required.
5. * Has an exceptional ability to discern when adjustments are required and to creatively adapt activities to maintain participant’s enthusiasm.
6. * Interacts with children and activities and participates in games as required and when opportunity arises.
7. * Works closely with the S.P.A.R.K. Coordinator, Summit staff, parents and members to insure the safety of all children participating in the Summit S.P.A.R.K. program.
8. * Follows formal check-in and checkout system for all S.P.A.R.K. participants according to S.P.A.R.K. and Summit guidelines.
9. * All S.P.A.R.K. participants are treated with honesty and respect while maintaining established standards for discipline and control.
10. * Shows no partiality or favoritism toward any one child or group of children. Daily goes beyond expectations by proactively reaching out to participants using children’s names and making each feel special.
11. * Keeps accurate count of program participants, activity, success/failure, discipline challenges, special participant needs, etc.
12. * Create an environment to grow holistically (socially, emotionally, physically, and environmentally).
13. * Emulate and generate enthusiasm about healthy lifestyle behavior.
14. * Help instill confidence in each child regarding their ability to participate.
1. Current HS AED Certification
2. Prior experience working with children and youth
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.