At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Promote a positive, professional practice image by the efficient performance of a variety of secretarial and clerical tasks designed to facilitate the smooth flow of patients and work throughout the clinic.
1. *Greet patients, visitors and the general public in a professional and respectful manner.
2. *Answer telephones in a courteous manner and route calls properly.
3. * Registers patients in Meditech, schedules appointments, collect copayments, completes daily payment batches and delivers to KRMC Cashier, processes charge sheets to MOMS, maintains appointment calendar and prints calendar for each provider on a daily basis.
4. *Verify all patient demographic information and verify insurance benefits.
5. *Trains and assists the Department Secretary with daily duties as required.
6. *Prepare medical charts and maintain all aspects of the patient’s medical record including filing, copying, mailing and faxing documents as needed. Prioritize and respond to requests for information as necessary in a prompt, courteous and confidential manner.
7. *Receive, screen and route mail, email and publications.
8. *Maintain the inventory of clerical supplies and orders supplies for the clinic.
9. * Work closely with the billing staff at Medical Office Management Services and with the Cashier at KRMC to ensure billing processes and payments are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
1. High school graduate or equivalent with two years of college education or vocational training in the health care field desired. Minimum of one year experience in a hospital or medical office setting preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
2. Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency with the following computer applications: E Clinical Works, Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to compile data and create Excel spreadsheets, charts and graphs. Computer proficiency may include required testing of Microsoft Word & Excel, typing, alphanumeric, general medical terminology, ten-key data entry, and proof reading. This testing is available from the local job service. Results from testing may accompany the resume.
3. Able to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
4. Proven ability to communicate, both verbally and written, in a clear, concise, and professional manner with patients, co-workers, leaders and healthcare providers.
5. Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, healthcare providers, other clinical staff and the public.
6. Experience operating a multi-line phone system preferred.
7. Knowledge of cultural, ethnic, social, historical and spiritual issues relevant to the provision of mental health treatment preferred.
8. Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPPA guidelines.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.