Responsible for performing the first steps in the Revenue Cycle by obtaining accurate patient demographic information, validating addresses, identifying and validating insurance information for all hospital and clinics, collecting deposits and posting to the A/R. This position is often one of the first experiences a patient may have with KRH and is responsible for excelling in providing a friendly, caring, compassionate registration experience.
1. *Performs Point of Service (POS) collections. Provides packets and information to new patients and explains KRH’s payment policies.
2. *Greets all patients, families, guests, coworkers, etc., professionally by making eye contact and offering a greeting. Acts as concierge for those patients travelling to KRH by supplying directions to facilities, ideas for lodging, food, etc.
3. *Performs the registration process in accordance with the type of scheduled care/service being rendered. (Radiology, Inpatient/Outpatient hospital, clinic services, etc.) This includes patient demographic information, address validation insurance selection and validation and determining attending, admitting and/or referring provider. Information may be gathered via phone call, in person or at a patient’s bedside.
4. *Collects and scans patient IDs and insurance cards per department procedures.
5. *Performs all Registration QA edits daily per department protocol.
6. *Completes Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) questionnaire as required by Medicare and performs other duties required by regulation or law including, but not limited to; Notice of Patient Privacy (NPP), Service Agreement (SA), Important Message from Medicare (IMM) etc.
7. *Responsible for various and timely updates to bed assignments, room accommodations, room reservations for direct admits, all with direct impact to accurately charging an account for room and bed charges.
8. *Coordinates with clinical staff as needed for clinical information for pre-cert/pre-auth or financial situations which could have an effect on scheduled services.
9. *Performs Claim Edits and resolves denials attributed to Patient Access during times of low volumes.
10. *Successfully meets department goals and objectives as set forward by leadership. These goals include, but are not limited to; accuracy rate goals, collection goals, productivity goals, etc.
11. *Approaches each day with enthusiasm and is able to positively motivate themselves and others to consistently deliver exceptional customer service and interact professionally with all.
1. Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office and spreadsheets required. Possess the ability to learn other software as needed. Past Typing/keyboarding experience with minimum 45 wpm required.
2. Prior experience in a healthcare organization working with clinicians, insurance carriers, and/or government entities preferred.
3. Strong customer service skills, professional phone etiquette and ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail in a fast paced environment required.
4. Must possess professional communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as work effectively with a diverse customer and coworker population.
5. Proven ability to take initiative, exercise independent judgment, and proactively problem-solve.
6. Understanding of the confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines.