This position provides Patient Accounting support to meet individual team and department goals. Works collaboratively as a team and shares the responsibility of ensuring accuracy and timeliness in all phases of the Patient Accounting processes.
1. *Utilizes knowledge and understanding of healthcare reimbursement rules and regulations of third party payors and general coding practices to bring the account to resolution in a timely manner within the realm of assigned duties.
2. *Identifies trends, initiates requests and escalates through established channels using KRH Patient Accounting policy and procedures. Ensures that all accounts are processed and resolved in a timely manner.
3. *Documents all communication regarding accounts in the appropriate computer databases, efficiently. Provides detailed, accurate documentation on patient accounts as instructed.
4. *Acts as a liaison between patients, clients, providers, third party agencies and KRH departments regarding Patient Accounting questions, payment issues and other related inquiries. Serves as first line of escalation for AR Resolution team members.
5. *Analyzes and interprets account data to allow for claim and payment resolution and, when appropriate, for adjudication and resolution of claims.
6. *Maintains regular communication with leadership regarding customer interactions and workload. Assists Team Lead and Manager with special projects as needed.
7. *In the absence of a specific written policy or procedure, will use the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and other applicable Federal statues as guidelines.
8. *Meets established productivity and quality goals for assigned work, as well as various HIT systems for reference. Ability to accomplish all duties of an entry level account resolution position.
9. *Maintains a professional, positive and “team-player” attitude and accepts and acts upon all duties and/or projects assigned by Management to the best of his/her ability.
10. *Trains and assists team members as assigned by Lead or Management.
1. Minimum of one (1) year of experience in KRH Patient Accounting OR two (2) years in another medical billing office preferred.
2. Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, organization staff members, and the public. Possess ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team.
3. Possess skills in time-management, organization, prioritization, and ability to communicate via written and verbal communication.
4. Possess and maintain computer skills to include working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must possess ability to learn other software as needed is required.
5. Proven ability to calculate expected reimbursements for payors, ability to understand contract language and apply knowledge to complete appropriate appeals. Maintain confidentiality and understand HIPAA.
6. Ability to meet established productivity goals for assigned work within three (3) months of hire. Must be able to fulfill all of the duties of entry level account resolution.
7. Previous experience performing mathematical calculations with high-level problem solving, analytical and investigational skills preferred. Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred.