At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Will select all equipment and supplies needed for surgery and help in preparing the OR suite for all Obstetrical related surgeries. The tech will assist in cleaning between cases and maintain a good working knowledge of surgical asepsis. The OB OR Tech will assist with non-operating room duties throughout the unit as needed in a cheerful and effective manner.
1. * Demonstrates proficiency in scrubbing all obstetrical related procedures in a smooth, efficient flow.
2. * Maintains the surgical suite and related areas in a state ready for an emergency or scheduled procedure.
3. * Responsible for the sterility of supplies and stocking throughout the department, along with processing surgical and related charges.
4. * Process admission, discharge and other obstetrical paperwork as requested.
5. * Coordinates care with other disciplines and departments, representing the OB patient, staff and unit in a positive light. Supports the Obstetrical team (RN, OB Monitor Tech, physician, leadership and related team members) as needed.
6. * Duties may include: maintaining post partum rooms, answering patient lights, helping in nursery, assisting nurses in placing patients on fetal monitors, setting up delivery tables, cleaning up delivery rooms after deliveries, checking and performing duties on the shift check-off list for the scrubs, and helping with patient care issues as needed, etc.
7. * All duties will be performed in a positive manner, supporting the mission of Kalispell Regional Medical Center and the Obstetrical Department. The OB OR Tech may occasionally be required to scrub in main hospital area.
8. * Participates and contributes to department performance improvement programs.
9. * Demonstrates effective customer service skills, while respecting privacy and confidentiality.
10. * Demonstrates the ability to operate and maintain equipment to departmental standards.
11. * Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to job duties.
12. * Demonstrates cost containment with all resources and utilizes attendance system per organizational guidelines.
13. * Demonstrates knowledge of safety policies and procedures.
1. High School Graduate or Equivalent.
2. Graduate of an approved school of Operating Technicians.
3. CPR HS AED certified.
4. Medical Terminology class/experience highly desired.
5. Excellent communication and customer relation skills required.
6. Possess the ability to work with a variety of people in varied settings.
Team building/self starter skills necessary for job facilitation.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.