Works independently under the supervision of the Supervisor of Imaging Services and a staff Radiologist, with support as needed from a staff technologist “on call”. Performs a variety of procedures utilizing various radiographic equipment. Provides care to patients ranging in age from neonatal to geriatric. Provides for physical and psychological needs of patient during examination. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs diagnostic imaging procedures
2. Participates/coordinates patient care/flow
3. Maintains accountability to/for policies/procedures
4. Maintains understanding of and follows current exam protocols
5. Maintains accountability to technologist competency/quality control standard
6. Stays current on training and continuing education
7. Maintains accountability to adhering to staff schedule/call schedule
8. Maintains accountability to appropriate use of timekeeping system with few errors
9. Assists with maintaining/ordering supply stock as directed
10. Maintains equipment/coordinates repairs and service as needed or directed
11. *Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work as scheduled by department
*Job duties denoted with an asterisk are classified as Essential Job Functions. Employees in this position must meet the physical demands required to perform the Essential Job Functions. See Occupational Health Services Job Analysis & Physical Demands Summary for more information.
Disclaimer – Not all-inclusive – other duties as assigned. Every effort has been made to make this position description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are all the only duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.