At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
RN provides professional nursing care to patients on the unit during assigned shift. Care shall be rendered in a safe and effective manner consistent with Kalispell Regional Healthcare’s mission, policies, and procedures.
1. Commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork, and patient service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others.
2. Knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RN specific job duties, patient care, and safety.
3. Ability to operate and maintain equipment to departmental standards.
4. Ability to maintain nursing standards of care, and execute appropriate physician orders.
5. While executing patient care, demonstrate knowledge of and maintain the patient’s right to diversity, privacy and confidentiality.
6. Must perform a comprehensive assessment of patient on admission and at regular intervals appropriate for the condition of the patient or as ordered by the physician/provider.
7. Administration of medications, treatments, physician/provider specified care and intravenous therapy to patients in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
8. Reassessment of the patient to monitor status, identify changes in vital signs, lab work and implement interventions as ordered or defined. Assess and evaluate the patient responses to treatment or therapy in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
9. Communication of all appropriate and critical changes in the patient’s condition, status and findings to the appropriate physician/provider in a timely manner or as defined by policies and procedures and/or physician/provider orders.
10. Document in the chart all clinical findings in an accurate and timely manner as required by regulatory mandates to maintain compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures or as defined by regulatory requirements.
11. Demonstrate competency/current understanding of Oncology specific unit and educational requirements as defined by the 1st Medical/Surgical Unit department manager, ANCO, and CNO.
12. Knowledge of staffing standards and a demonstrated commitment to cost containment with all resources.
13. The ability to comply with and to maintain regulatory compliance requirements as defined for the nursing care on the unit and according to hospital standards.
1. Current Montana RN License.
2. BSN degree preferred
3. ACLS within one year of employment, preferred.
4. One year of previous Medical/Surgical and/or Oncology care experience preferred.
5. Current ONS Bio-Chemotherapy provider, ONC, or Medical/Surgical certification preferred. Will consider combinations of education, experience, and certification.
6. Demonstrate competency/currently in Oncology specific competencies within 120-days of 1st Medical/Surgical Unit employment.
7. Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.