At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Helps facilitate the Sports, Physical Activities and Recreation for Kids (S.P.A.R.K) programs at The Summit and/or community sites. Provides supervised and structured activities for children between the ages of 6 and 12 following established standards for safety, quality and service. Such activities will include art projects, fitness fun, sports skills, and a variety of cooperative games.
1. *Implementation of daily lesson plans.
2. *Responsible for monitoring activities and programs for S.P.A.R.K. participants. Will make appropriate adjustments to the plan as required. Ensures appropriate staff to child ratios for all programs and activities.
3. *Consistently provides assistance and constructive feedback to the Supervisor of Youth & Recreation Services and the S.P.A.R.K. Coordinator.
4. *Interacts with children and activities and participates in games as required and when opportunity arises.
5. *Works closely with the Supervisor of Youth & Recreation Services, S.P.A.R.K. Coordinator, Summit staff, parents and members to insure the safety of all children participating in the program.
6. *Follows formal check-in and checkout system for all S.P.A.R.K. participants according to S.P.A.R.K./Summit guidelines. Keeps accurate count of program participants, activity, success/failure, discipline challenges, special participant needs, etc.
7. *Always takes a safety first approach. Has the ability to foresee potential safety problems and immediately address such hazards
8. *Shows no partiality or favoritism toward any one child or group of children. Proactively reaches out to participants using children’s names and making each feel special.
9. *Provide pertinent program information to parents using different communication tools (phone, memos, letters, dry erase board).
1. Associates degree in physical education or related field preferred.
2. Ability to maintain physical stamina throughout the shift.
3. Current CPR certification required.
4. A minimum of one year of experience working with children.
5. Experience creating and developing projects and/or activities preferred.
6. Familiarity with safety standards around recreational activities helpful.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.