At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provides professional nursing care while working in the OR and Anesthesia Services. Coordinates care with other disciplines. Provides assistance to Anesthesia Medical staff while following the policies and procedures of the Surgical Services Department.
1. *Calibrates and performs pre-anesthesia safety checks on all anesthesia machines and documents checks in log. This includes any/all departments which house an anesthesia machine.
2. *Assess patient and Anesthesiologist’s needs. Prepares necessary anesthesia equipment for cases considering anesthesiologists’ preference, case type of specific patient needs and acuity.
3. *Assist with the orientation of the paramedic students, and KRMC flight staff. Orientation to include but not limited to; basic OR understanding, how to navigate inside an OR, avoiding sterile fields, introduction to anesthesia documents, intubation supplies needed, intubation techniques and intubation attempts.
4. *Set up cell saver as requested. When cell saver requested ensure equipment is brought in to the room, properly set up, and running. Will be available in the department during cell saver operation for troubleshooting, and will process the blood as needed.
5. *Responsible for ensuring the flexible scopes are kept in good repair, turn over as needed, weekly cleaning, and repairs/maintenance.
6. *Responsible for setting up rooms for Anesthesia in all departments where there is an Anesthesia machine, including restock of the Anesthesia machine, as well as the cart. Ensure the pediatric airway cart is stocked and ready, both in the OR, as well as ENDO.
7. *Ensure par levels are monitored, check outdates, as well as inventory as specified by Materials Management.
8. *Focuses on the high acuity cases each day and is alert to the changes and potential challenges that each case presents. Anticipates anesthesiologist’s/patient’s needs and has items readily available. In the event of an Anesthesia emergency, will assist the Anesthesiologist until resolution of the situation.
9. *Has working knowledge of drug actions and doses commonly used in anesthesia. Works well under stress and is able to function calmly in emergent situations. Mixes medication drips, programs infusion pumps, calibrates SV02 monitors, sets up transducers, and performs any other functions to provide critical support during crisis.
10. *Continuously evaluates department efficiency, develops systems to streamline workflow and takes necessary measures to facilitate quality anesthesia services for patients, surgeons, and other referring physicians.
11. Reviews all anesthesia records to assure that all pharmacy charges are documented. Reads all narrative notes on anesthesia records to determine items that are patient charge items. Documents patient charge, forwards to data entry staff and the patient chart. Compiles documents for anesthesia billing and provides those missing by printing dictated notes or face sheets.
12. Acts as liaison for communication relative to anesthesia concerns between hospital departments, patients, physicians and office staff. Examples: Same Day Surgery, Pre-Admission, OB, Pharmacy, Medical Records, Physicians, Office Staff.
1. Registered Nurse with current Montana licenses.
2. BSN preferred
3. Previous experience with anesthesia preferred.
4. Current Basic Life Support.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.