At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Responsible for the service and support of HIT technology devices, including but not limited to personal computers (workstations and laptops), tablets, printers, document scanners, video technology (webcams, projectors), and other desktop computing devices and technology including connected devices such as microphones and barcode scanners. Also responsible for the service and support of HIT desktop applications including Microsoft products as well as other single-user or desktop applications as assigned. Accountable to provide break/fix support, routine maintenance, upgrades, and to support implementation projects as assigned. Provide excellent customer service via phone, e-mail and in person.
Acts as liaison between end users and vendor, monitoring tasks for expedient resolution. Monitors system functionality and resolves or reports problems as well as enhancing functionality through process and reports. Works closely with other departments, outreach facilities and other members of HIT to implement, problem solve, and improve services to end-users. Uses IT project management methodologies and tools to ensure successful implementations, and may serve as Project Manager for Implementations or process improvement initiatives.
1. Demonstrates high quality customer service skills serving our HIT customers, including appropriate communication with our customers, consistent follow through on issues and timely escalation of issues as needed. Supports the corporate philosophy, mission, and vision through customer/staff interactions.
2. Demonstrates fundamental IT knowledge and skills including issues management and escalation, change control and production change management.
1. Demonstrates ability to self-manage assuming full ownership of all outcomes start to finish. Able to multitask and prioritize tasks, using appropriate critical decision-making.
3. *Able to identify problems, their probable causes, their impacts on operations, report them to the appropriate parties, offer possible solutions, and decide on the optimal course of action; able to independently and/or collaboratively bring problems to a complete resolution.
4. Able to identify problems, their probable causes, their impacts on operations, report them to the appropriate parties, offer possible solutions, and decide on the optimal course of action; able to independently and/or collaboratively bring problems to a complete resolution.
5. Maintain a working knowledge of HIT hardware and software in order to resolve as many problems and requests as possible without reassignment/escalation and within timeframes specified in HIT service level agreements. Responsible for on-going enhancement of skills to keep up with changing technologies.
6. Manage all open service requests using the HIT department ticket tracking application. Ensure that all service activities are fully documented, including all relevant information, such as contact info, impact to user, and what troubleshooting has already taken place. Escalate issues that require a higher level of technical or applications expertise to the appropriate resources. This includes entering tasks with vendors and following up with vendors’ progress and resolution. Review outstanding ticket list to ensure that issues are progressing appropriately toward timely resolution.
7. Communicate internally within the HIT department and externally with customers throughout the problem resolution process.
8. Demonstrate project and implementation skills. Participate in assigned project activities including supporting multi-disciplinary HIT implementations or upgrades that require technology deployment, as well as internal technical support projects such as asset management, Microsoft or other desktop application upgrades, and technology support process improvement initiatives. Serve as project manager for small or medium scope projects as assigned.
9. Add to documentation to expand the department’s knowledge base. Proactively research issues using documentation and other available tools.
10. Pursues opportunities for self-development. Stays current with industry trends as they relate to job responsibilities.
11. Know when to seek and accept guidance from those with advanced experience. Able to provide guidance and/or support across systems. Act as a role model to other team members.
12. Other duties as assigned by HIT supervisors or director.
1. High School education or GED required, Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field strongly preferred.
2. Strong understanding of common software applications (ex. MS Office) required.
3. Strong understanding of personal computers required. MCDST or other applicable certifications preferred
4. Proven superior customer service skills – must interact in a friendly and capable manner. Prefer a minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer support role.
5. Excellent telephone etiquette and the ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with customers, peers and management.
6. Proven problem-solving, analytical skills, and organizational and time management skills, as well as exemplary written and verbal communication skills required.
7. Ability to work in a team environment.
8. Prefer experience with hospital and clinic environments and health information technology.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.