At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Facilitates the Sports, Physical Activity and Recreation for Kids (S.P.A.R.K.) after school and summer camp programs at The Summit and/or community sites. Provides supervised and structured activities for children between the ages of 6 and 12 following established standards for safety, quality and service. Plans, organizes and implements various sport leagues
1. *Develops, implements and follows daily lesson plans. Ability to develop new games and activities that can be incorporated daily, closely monitors activity sessions, follows lesson plan and makes appropriate adjustments as recognized and required.
2. *Monitors activities and programs for S.P.A.R.K. participants.
3. *Consistently provides assistance and constructive feedback to the Supervisor Youth & Recreation Services.
4. *Works closely with the Supervisor of Youth & Recreation Services, Summit staff, parents and members to insure the safety of all children participating in The Summit S.P.A.R.K. program. Reviews activities with the Supervisor to ensure the safety of all children participating.
5. *Always takes a safety first approach. Has the ability to foresee potential safety problems and immediately addresses such hazards.
6. *Treats participants with honesty, respect and as equals while maintaining established standards for discipline and control.
7. *Assists the Supervisor in developing, implementing, coordinating and evaluating appropriate age-specific programs and activities. Schedules staff with different age groups and ensures appropriate staff to child ratios for all programs and activities.
8. *Develops parent relationships and provides pertinent program information using different communication tools (phone, memos, email, dry erase board).
9. *Creates an environment to grow holistically (socially, emotionally, physically, and environmentally). Emulates and generates enthusiasm about healthy lifestyle behavior. Helps instill confidence in each child regarding their ability to participate. Demonstrates exceptional communication skills in dealing with potential volatile situations.
10. *Follows formal check-in and checkout system for all participants according to guidelines.
11. *Upon approval of Manager, may assist with preparation of written evaluations on all staff.
12. *Coordinates, sets up and takes down for league sports.
1. Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
2. Current HS AED CPR certification preferred or the ability to successfully obtain within 90 days of hire.
3. Previous experience working with children and youth is preferred.
4. Exhibits a friendly and outgoing attitude reflecting concern for customers.
5. Ability to work within stated budgets and works with minimal supervision.
6. Strong public relations skills including a friendly, enthusiastic personality, leadership, problem solving, empathy, and patience.
7. Excellent computer skills including knowledge and experience with Word and Excel required. Must have strong verbal communication skills and be organized and detail oriented.
8. Must be very conscientious and capable of working independently as well as constructively within a team.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.