At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Under the supervision of the H.I.M. Supervisor and Release of Information/Record Retention Specialist, converts various documents into electronic/digital format. Prepares documents for scanning, scans and performs indexing and quality functions. As records are brought into the facility, review contents of each box and determine what records will go into permanent storage, what records can be destroyed, and what records can be scanned.
1. *Prepares files for scanning.
2. *Scans documents to database and index after scanning.
3. *Categorizes documents according to document type.
4. *Researches and resolves documents that are not computer matches.
5. *Performs quality audits on scanned images and re-scan documents when necessary.
6. *Processes incoming boxed records and determines scanning priorities.
7. *Determines which records will be stored and which records will be scanned.
8. *Answers phones from customers requesting records.
9. *Retrieves records for stat requests and scans into database.
1. High school graduate or equivalency preferred; other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
2. Previous healthcare experience preferred.
3. Prior experience with electronic document management systems preferred.
4. Exceptional organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written; works independently.
5. Exceptional customer service skills and strong attention to detail.
6. Ability to prioritize critical activities and assignments.
7. Working knowledge of computers and an ability to quickly learn new systems.
8. Ability to work between several computer programs on multiple screens.
9. Knowledge of state and federal confidentiality guidelines.
10. Knowledge of retention guidelines for KRH records.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.