At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Patient Accounting Supervisor is responsible to provide operational management for all aspects of assigned pillar with Patient Accounting. Ensure that department is adhering to the philosophy, policies/procedures, goals and budget of the organization in performing accounts receivable functions. The Supervisor facilitates excellent customer service and ensures departmental compliance according to State and Federal requirements.
1. *Assists in the evaluation, development, implementation and revision of policies and procedures related to billing, collection and reimbursement activities. Supports confidentiality and follows standard accounting procedures within all departmental operations.
2. *Assures timely and accurate billing, collecting and patient accounting practices. Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives for projects, identifying and scheduling required tasks. Consults with Manager and reviews departmental goals and objectives, assisting with the evaluation of timeframes and resource utilization.
3. *Appropriately delegates duties and responses to customers, staff, community, and staff needs. Creates supporting environment and optimum staff performance by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training. Upon approval of Manager, counsels employees regarding work, performance evaluations, attendance, etc. as appropriate and within department and organizational guidelines.
4. *Acts as resource for reimbursement billing procedures of third party and private insurance payers and government regulations, and assists in reviewing self-pay financial documentation.
5. *Monitors appropriate A/R indicators and trends including, but not limited to; billing and collection queues, selected account reports, and suspended billing reports; provides analyses of these trends and action plans for resolution to ensure cash flow is not interrupted. Analyzes, creates, and reports key operational indicators and statistics.
6. *Routinely audits posting, cashiering, billing, collection and other staff to evaluate productivity and effectiveness of staff (i.e. accuracy, due diligence and timeliness); recommends changes to process as appropriate. Audits payment and adjustment postings for compliance with managed care contracts and other regulations; reports results, including trending, to Manager or Director.
7. *Provides input to annual department budgeting process by assisting in the identification of new and continuing operational needs or processes.
8. *Runs and sends system files to ensure proper communication is made to all customers or vendors (i.e. collection agencies, town mailer, HON, suppliers, etc.).
9. *Upon approval of Manager, may assist with preparation and delivery of evaluations of assigned staff. Assists in the planning, development and implementation of staff in-service education opportunities. May conduct training, plans work schedules and assigns work to ensure adequate service and coverage. Monitors job performance. Strongly involved in communication with staff through individual and group meetings.
10. *Oversees, trouble shoots, resolves and tracks reported Practice Management System/Host IT System issues in the test and production environment, which includes dictionaries, claims, bills, statements, procedures and letters. Ensures all EDI transactions are fully integrated with the Practice Management System/Host IT System other related systems.
11. *Ensures the integrity of the entire billing system for both KRMC and HC. Tests, implements and trains staff on all Practice Management System/Host IT System or other system upgrades along with new users on new systems functionality.
12. *Performs computer software manipulations necessary to provide management and staff with appropriate work flow processes in a timely manner. Develops reports for management, staff and agencies including, but not limited to; aging, payment reports, and new business reports per required specification. Ensures that all of the automated Revenue Cycle tools i.e. Vendor Bolt-on tools, etc.) are working as designed. Works with entities to ensure maximum benefit is attained. Works with clearinghouse vendors to implement and resolve issues with electronic claims submission and electronic remit advice posting or denials work products.
1. Three (3) years’ experience accounts receivable health care setting required.
2. Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience required.
3. Bachelor’s degree in relevant financial specialty preferred. Comparable work experience in a related field may be considered.
4. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Excellent working knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting Patient Accounting. Comprehensive knowledge of reimbursement regulations for Medicare, Medicaid, and other third party payers as relevant to patient accounting operations.
6. Knowledge of reimbursement methodologies in including both professional and facility issues and the various data elements of the UB-04 (CMS 1450) and CMS 1500 claims forms required; knowledge of health care administration practices; knowledge of computer systems and medical software and applications. Knowledge of HIPAA, ERISA and other Federal guidelines.
7. Technical computer systems education relating to medical billing and collection and/or related experience. Must possess excellent computer and common software application skills (i.e. Microsoft Office). Experience with analytics, reporting tools and KRMHS specific software applications preferred.
8. Ability to organize, plan, prioritize, manage details, interpret data, present information and delegate tasks; exercise initiative, independent judgment and problem-solving. Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness required. Must possess professional communication skills, and work effectively with a diverse customer and coworker population.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.