At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provides professional nursing care while in the OR; coordinates care with other disciplines. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, he/she anticipates the needs of the surgical team and provides such services, while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment.
1. * Performs and documents a pre-procedure assessment on admission to the pre-operative holding area according to AORN Standards using all available sources of information and incorporating the patient’s perception of his/her illness. Develops an individualized plan of care for each surgical patient and updates the plan throughout the operative procedure as appropriate. Continually assesses and documents intra-operative patient condition, maintenance of a sterile field and safety issues concerning the patient and staff. Utilizes department Standard of Care and individualizes care given on an on-going basis.
2. * Demonstrates a commitment to professionalism while undertaking and completing all department competencies and advanced primary certifications. Each staff member will sign appropriate rosters, complete and provide to OR Supervisor any competency post-tests Annual department competencies include:
A. Malignant Hyperthermia
B. Jackson Table
D. Fire safety in the OR
E. Cell saver and /or slush machine
F. Crash Cart/Defibrillator Set-up
3. * Completes all documentation regarding all charges and implant/explant information appropriately and provides this documentation for inclusion in the permanent patient record.
4. * Delivers all medications to the patient and to the operative field in accordance with OR policy and procedure. Coordinates with surgeons the types concentrations, and doses of medications introduced to the sterile field. Follows facility-wide policies on the administration of IV fluids and blood products and documents these accurately and appropriately
*Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work as scheduled by department
1. Current Montana RN License.
2. BSN degree preferred
3. Current HCP CPR Certification
4. One (1) year med/surg experience required; OR experience preferred.
5. CNOR Preferred
6. Current ACLS Certification preferred
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.