At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: The Summit’s Wellness Coaches are the face of health and wellness for our community and region. Coaches are responsible for helping Summit members, medical referrals, the general public and contract groups achieve optimal health and wellness through face-to-face, telephonic and/or online and small group coaching sessions employing evidence-based coaching techniques. The coach will deliver a high quality coaching experience resulting in positive behavior change.
1. *Assess client’s well-being status, readiness for change and motivation to adopt new health and wellness behaviors conducive to a higher quality of life and improved health status.
2. *Help clients determine and achieve their wellness vision and meet their weekly and three month goals. Adjust and revise client goals as needed. Implement a range of interventions/skills including coaching, counseling, coordination, education, referral and advocacy to gain access to services and resources for the client throughout the Summit, NWHC, community and online.
3. *Accommodate client schedule. Begin and conclude session in a punctual manner.
4. *Document client records/activities and coaching sessions in established written and electronic filing systems. Maintain contact with clients to monitor progress.
5. *Provide customized, evidence-based education in a variety of areas but not limited to weight management, tobacco cessation, chronic disease risk reduction, physical activity and improved nutrition.
6. *Conduct biometric screenings including but not limited to fingerstick lipid and glucose screenings, body composition measures and blood pressure. Interpret results and provide recommendations for improving scores.
7. *Travel to various client locations throughout Northwest Montana to conduct wellness screenings. Help transport and set-up screening equipment.
8. *Maintain detailed client records in accordance with privacy laws. Ensures client privacy at all times.
9. Assist with the marketing and promotion of wellness services.
10. *Provide health and wellness education utilizing a multitude of medias including group presentation, support group facilitation, creative use of media (i.e. games, quizzes etc), newsletter contribution etc.
11. Assist with conducting Health Fairs at various community and employer locations.
12. *Attend and actively contributes to regular department staff meetings.
1. Certification as a Wellness Coach from a nationally recognized organization such as Wellcoaches required (certification must be obtained within 12 months of hire).
2. Four year degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Counseling, Nursing or Psychology or related helping degree preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
3. At least 1-year experience facilitating/coaching positive behavior change required.
4. Knowledge of specific lifestyle related diseases required. Familiarity and experience with lifestyle modifications for smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and increasing physical activity required. Background in motivational interviewing, active listening skills, Transtheoretical Model, mindfulness, positive psychology and other coaching techniques preferred.
5. Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with clients and team required.
6. Knowledge of cultural, ethnic, social and spiritual issues relevant to the provision of well-being required.
7. Certification with ACE, ACSM or NSCA as a Personal Trainer preferred. Current BLS certification required.
8. Knowledge of routine clinical laboratory methods, universal blood and body fluid precautions, OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
9. Exceptional verbal and writing skills required.
10. Strong computer skills including Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, Power Point and scheduling software required.
11. Coaching is a modeling profession and as such, there is the required ability to walk the wellness walk by maintaining a personal commitment to high levels of physical and emotional health required. Must maintain a positive, upbeat personality and passion for health improvement.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.