Management Job Duties:
Drive organizational objectives by operationalizing the department effectively and efficiently. Proactively anticipate both the needs of KRH and the impact the department has on the organization’s success. Collect and analyze data, prepare options, present recommendations, and explain associated benefits and risks.
Practice and further develop competencies in the areas of general management, financial management, human resources management, organizational dynamics and governance, organizational communication, strategic planning, information management, risk management and quality improvement. Demonstrate professional ownership, self-development and a desire for life-long learning.
Serve as a role model for others by exhibiting the KRH core values: integrity, compassion, service, excellence and ownership. Lead and influence the team to provide outstanding customer service. Develop and foster relationships with other KRH leaders, departments and members of the team to support open communication, trust and collaboration.
Creates a supportive department culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training for optimum job performance. Collaborates with Human Resources to develop, implement and support programs and processes that add value to KRH and its employees. Leads to improve employee welfare, empowerment, growth and retention, while remaining committed to KRH’s management and prosperity for its customers, employees and community.
Job Specific Duties:
- *Develops, implements, manages and distributes policies, procedures and practices designed to ensure compliance with the requirements set forth in the Office of Inspector General’s Compliance Program Guidance and with federal and state health care program requirements.
- *Monitors the day-to-day compliance activities engaged in by the organization, as well as the reporting obligations under federal and state health care program requirements.
- *Oversees the implementation and management of the KRH Corporate Compliance Program, including all required activities and reports to assure full compliance with the federal and state health care program requirements and acts as a liaison with the regulatory agencies for seeking guidance on effective steps to meet the intent of federal and state health care program requirements and improve the overall KRH Corporate Compliance Program.
- *Responds to alleged violations of laws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures, and the Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Ensures that reported concerns are appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved. Reports alleged violations to various enforcement agencies, as required.
- *Meets regularly with the CEO regarding compliance-related matters.
- *Meets with and provides regular reports and briefings regarding compliance-related matters to the Compliance and Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees on at least a quarterly basis, and more frequently as needed.
- *Chairs the organization’s Compliance Council and Compliance Education Committee, providing the Council with reports of the organization’s compliance-related activities and responding to questions about the Compliance Program.
- *Works with senior management to identify potential areas of compliance risks and vulnerabilities. Develops and implements corrective action plans for the resolution of identified issues.
- *Monitors the operation of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis and takes appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- *Updates senior management, department directors, and the Board of Trustees on changes in compliance requirements, expectations, and regulatory requirement.
- *Provides oversight of the organization’s Privacy Program and serves as its Privacy Officer to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws and organizational privacy requirements and standards. Ensures that complaints of privacy violations are promptly and appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved. Ensures appropriate reporting of breaches to HHS Office for Civil Rights, as required.
- *Provides regular reports regarding privacy breaches and risks to the Compliance Council and the Compliance and Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees on at least a quarterly basis, and more frequently as needed.
- *Complies with and actively promotes the Standards of Conduct and all other organizational policies and procedures.
- *Develops, coordinates and participates in routine multifaceted educational and training programs that focus on the requirements of the Compliance Program thus striving to ensure that all appropriate employees, management, Board members, and volunteers are knowledgeable of and comply with, pertinent federal and state health care program requirements.
- *Oversees the administration of the KRH Compliance Department, including development of its budget and supervision of its personnel.