This full time position provides accounting and analytical support to the Senior Analyst responsible for reimbursement and cost accounting at NWHC. Assigned tasks include maintaining two (2) Meditech cost accounting databases, generating and analyzing reports from these systems as requested, preparation of Medicare Cost Reports for both hospitals and general monthly accounting duties related to Sr. Analyst’s area(s) of responsibility.
1. *Cost Accounting System Maintenance and Support
Responsible for maintaining integrity of two (2) Meditech cost accounting databases:
• Monthly transfer of General Ledger (GL) data into Cost Accounting module
• Monthly reconciliation of GL to CA
• Maintain and update cost accounting rules at the service unit level
• Maintain standard cost information
• Review patient level data for completeness to ensure integrity
2. *Medicare Cost Reporting
Responsible for preparing Medicare Cost report for two (2) facilities:
• Prepare Medicare cost reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist in cost report audit
• Maintain and update files related to cost report preparation
• Update filed cost report files with settlement information
3. *General Accounting Support
Perform routine accounting duties for corporation(s) supported by Sr. Analyst
• Prepare monthly journal entries for corporation (s)
• Maintain and update statistics files for corporation(s)
• Maintain subsidiary ledgers for corporation(s)
• Assist Sr. Analyst in preparation of internal use management reports
4. *Productivity Reporting
Process and report weekly productivity metrics for assigned NWHC entities.
5. *Reimbursement accounting
Assist in preparation, review and analysis of contractual reserves, bad debt reserves and
third-party agency calculations for assigned areas.
6. *Survey’s & Community Benefit Data Collection
Assist in preparation of various survey’s and/or community benefit data collection as is
requested through-out each year.