At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Assists the physicians/providers with the examination and treatment of patients. Performs routine tasks required to ensure the clinic runs smoothly and participates in the planning and evaluation of patient care. Services pediatric, adult and geriatric populations.
1. *Performs general nursing duties (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, weight, head circumference, visual acuity and other duties as needed). Assists with Specialty Procedures as needed (i.e. circumcision, neb tests, stitches, etc.) Develops, implements and revises individualized, goal directed nursing care in regards to the immunizations that are recommended by the AAP and the nursing process.
2. *Demonstrates an ability to respond to a changing workload in a positive and professional manner. Responds to changing workloads and patient conditions by: remaining calm, making objective assessments, prioritizing, and asking for assistance when appropriate.
3. *Provides individual instruction to patients and their families concerning medications, health wellness, immunization and medical needs. Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner while preserving the patient’s autonomy, dignity and rights. Provides timely, accurate and professional documentation according to facility policy.
4. *Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of infection control procedures; strictly adheres to policies and procedures; washes hands before and after each patient encounter. Cleans, packages, sterilizes, and maintains ample supply of sterilized instruments and supplies for procedures. Thoroughly cleans exam rooms, counter, and table tops, per clinic policy.
5. *Administers medication using age-appropriate guidelines by following verbal/written order from provider. Assists provider with identifying immunization requirements and deficiencies to bring the patient in compliance.
6. *Greets the patient with a smile and escorts them to the exam/ procedure rooms.
7. *Triages patient telephone calls and provides education. Documents phone conversation appropriately in patient’s chart to maintain clear communication.
8. *Makes appointments for patients with specialist; schedules hospital admissions, outside ancillary tests and procedures as directed. Assists the provider with follow up to ensure continuity of care.
9. *Assists clerical staff in all clinically/medically related phone calls.
10. *Calls in prescriptions as needed for providers. Follows protocols for calling in/faxing Vitamin orders. Assists in preparing patients for routine diagnostic procedures (i.e. urine specimens, performing selected screening tests). Collects, packages, and accurately labels all specimens immediately upon receipt; forwards to designated lab(s) according to established protocols.
11. *Records services rendered on fee tickets and checks for accuracy.
12. *Assists in pulling charts, filing, telephone answering, and other duties needed to provide better patient care.
1. Current Montana RN license required.
2. BSN degree preferred
3. Current Healthcare Provider CPR required.
4. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in similar position with a medical setting (eg, physician office, clinic, or hospital) preferred.
5. Understanding of the confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines.
6. Must communicate effectively and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members, patients and the medical community. Ability to employ tact, diplomacy and compassion with all types of people.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.