At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: The RN Night Nurse Lead provides the oversight of the professional nursing care to patients and residents at Brendan House (BH), Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) on both long term care and transitional care units during assigned shift. This position will be assigned to provide professional nursing care directly to patients on the Transitional Care Unit at a minimum of 4 hours during assigned shift and as acuity demands. This care shall be rendered in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with KRMC’s and BH policies, and procedures. This position will be assigned up to 8 hours of leadership responsibilities during assigned shift. This leadership role will encompass the facility as a whole. The RN Night Nurse Lead represents the Administrative Team in a positive manner while providing professional leadership throughout BH. The RN Night Nurse Lead sets the example for others by demonstrating flexibility and organizational skills while functioning calmly, efficiently, and effectively in a changing environment. The RN Night Nurse Lead participates in leadership meetings and committees both voluntarily and as assigned. The RN Night Nurse Lead is vigilant of unit specific, facility, and organizational wide budget constraints, as demonstrated by appropriate utilization of all resources. The RN Night Nurse Lead is responsible for collaborating with managers and nursing staff to promote efficient shift operation.
The RN Night Nurse Lead is required but not limited to the following essential job functions that are performed in a manner that are consistent with KRMC and the Brendan House, SNF policies and procedures:
1. A demonstrated commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others.
2. Knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RN/LPN/CNA specific job duties, patient care and safety. Assists with implementation and interpretations of policies, procedures, standards, and regulations for personnel, patients, medical staff and the public.
3. Must review and/or add to the comprehensive assessment of new admissions.
4. Knowledge of staffing standards and a demonstrated commitment to cost containment with all resources.
5. The RN Night Nurse Lead is vigilant of unit specific and organizational wide budget constraints, as demonstrated by appropriate utilization of all resources, which includes but is not limited to: staffing to unit standards, overtime, low census, supplies and timeliness of work product.
6. The ability to comply with and maintain regulatory compliance requirements as defined for Long Term Care facilities.
7. Assists with staffing and coverage of the current shift and for the oncoming shift
8. Provides supplemental clinical nursing duties to long term care or transitional care units as needed in a competent and customer service minded manner.
9. Actively participates in leadership meetings by attending at least 75% of facility staff meetings and 75% of nursing leadership meetings. Actively participates as a member of at least one committee, attending at least 75% of the committee meetings.
10. Provides oversight of staff and patient care:
a. Coordinates the delivery of patient care in a professional manner in compliance with the facility and nursing policies and procedures.
b. Assist with setting patient assignments and delegates duties according to appropriate patient acuity and skill mix of the staff.
c. Communicates with staff to provide immediate feedback to correct deviations from policies and procedures.
d. Communicates with the Resident Care Managers and Director of Nursing and documents any unusual events that occurred during the shift. This shall include but is not limited to exceptional teamwork and professionalism, accidents, injuries, abuse allegations, safety issues, deviations from appropriate patient care, breaches in professionalism, staffing abnormalities and special circumstances and variances from policy and procedures.
11. Provides feedback regarding staff performance for on-going staff improvement and performance evaluations. This shall include but is not limited to the following:
a. Verbal feedback
b. Written documentation
c. Participating in staff evaluations.
d. Delivery of staff evaluations and/or corrective action forms.
1. Current Montana RN License
2. BSN degree preferred
3. Current Healthcare Provider CPR.
4. A minimum of 2 years of nursing experience
5. Long Term Care experience preferred
6. Must not have any corrective action or disciplinary counseling within the last 12 months of employment.
7. Supervisory experience and leadership training preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.