At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
This position provides professional nursing care to patients in the Wound, Ostomy, Hyperbaric (WOHBO) Department during his/her assigned shift. This care shall be rendered in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with KRH’s policies, and procedures
1. *Demonstrates commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others.
2. *Exhibits knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RN’s specific job duties, patient care and safety. Knowledge of staffing standards and a demonstrated commitment to cost containment with all resources.
3. *Operates and maintains equipment to departmental standards.
4. *Maintains nursing standards of care, and executes appropriate physician orders while executing patient care, demonstrates knowledge of and maintains the patient’s right to diversity, privacy and confidentiality.
5. *Performs a comprehensive assessment of patient on admission and at regular intervals appropriate for the condition of the patient or as ordered by the physician/provider.
6. *Administers medications, treatments, dressings, physician/provider specified care and intravenous therapy to patients in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
7. *Ability to learn how to measure, photograph and assess wounds and ostomies; ability to learn how to apply and assess various forms of compression and vacuum assisted closure apparatus.
8. *Demonstrates ability to continue to assess and reassess each patient, identify problems, develop plan of care, implement appropriate interventions and reevaluate plan of care.
9. *Documents all clinical findings and required regulatory mandates in the patient chart, in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures or as defined by regulatory requirements.
10. *Completes and demonstrates competency/currency in unit specific required yearly competencies and educational requirements as defined by the assigned Unit department manager and CNO.
11. *Teaches Wound and Ostomy Education to patients, family, and caregivers. Document in appropriate computer software.
1. Current Montana RN License required.
2. BSN degree preferred
3. Current Health Care Provider BLS.
4. Minimum of one (1) year of previous medical and/or wound experience preferred.
5. Must communicate effectively and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members and patients. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
6. Understanding of the confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.