At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: The Child Care Provider provides a safe, stimulating learning environment for children ages six weeks through five years of age and maintains open lines of communication between the child care program and client families.
1. *Ensures a safe and healthy environment at all times by monitoring child areas for hazards or sanitation problems and correcting problems immediately or removing children from hazards until corrected.
2. *Provides required adult supervision for all children at all times
3. *Provides a stimulating, cognitively challenging classroom environment that encourages exploration and experimentation for children of varying ability levels and ages.
4. *Provides experiences and training to help children develop and practice good health/safety, healthy nutrition and exercise habits. Assists in the development and follows a daily schedule that incorporates good early childhood practices.
5. *Assists in preparing, planning and implement of age appropriate learning experiences indoors and outside.
6. *Develops cooperative working relationships and support with families by frequent communication either by phone, email, written note, or personal conversation. Attends staff and parent meetings as scheduled.
7. *Assists in and maintains accurate and timely records of accidents, illnesses, attendance, observations, billing and assessments.
8. *Meets all regulatory requirements including annual training, skills, classroom arrangements, etc.
9. *Cooperates with other staff members to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
10. *Respects cultural diversity of staff and children. Respects diversity of physical abilities.
11. *Provides leadership and guidance to foster a positive working relationship with staff.
12. *Assists with admissions and attendance requirements and fees as needed.
1. At least 18 years of age.
2. One (1) year experience in early childhood education or successful completion of the 40 hour new licensing training preferred.
3. CDA or equivalency credential with one (1) year experience preferred.
4. Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification within 30 days of hire (Infant and Toddler preferred)
5. Completion of all state required early children training classes preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.