At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Assist in planning, organizing and implementing all climbing wall programs at The Summit. Demonstrate experience with climbing, especially on artificial walls, experience teaching and/or working closely with children and adults in learning situations and recreational activities.
1. *Supervise the climbing wall during “open climbing” and “hang time”. Enforce all climbing area rules in accordance with established Summit Climbing Policies.
2. *Maintain a watchful eye on the climbing wall area users. Provide for the safety of all Summit climbing patrons and staff. Consistently enforce climbing area rules and policies with exceptional professionalism and diplomacy.
3. *Maintain alertness at all times. Take preventative measures in order to preclude potential problems.
4. *Proactively offer technique advice and constantly interacts with climbers.
5. *Always use climbing wall equipment safely and properly. Exhibit appropriate and safe practices at all times. Constantly demonstrate and teach EXTRA safety precautions.
6. *Perform belay tests according to Summit climbing program guidelines. Ensure that all climbers taking belay tests are completely competent in using approved belay devices, exhibit proper belay technique and thoroughly understand all Summit climbing safety rules.
7. *Spend time teaching and observing climbers who are taking belay tests to ensure that they are proficient and reliable.
8. *Immediately remedy unsafe conditions around the climbing wall area. Resolve unsafe situations as quickly as possible, so those climbers are not in danger and can continue to have full use of the climbing facility. Discern potential problems and take a preventative approach.
9. *Maintain an orderly and clean environment for all wall users. Exceptional organization and diligence in keeping wall area clean, orderly and clear of unused and/or unnecessary equipment.
10. Organized and detailed with belay certification paperwork and climbing waivers.
1. Well versed in climbing, especially indoor climbing.
2. Ability to supervise the safety of the climbers and devises and enforces the wall rules.
3. A minimum age of 18 years.
4. Exhibits a friendly, outgoing attitude, reflecting concern for customers.
5. Ability to ensure proper usage and storage of all equipment.
6. Current BLS Certification.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.