At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Advanced preventative maintenance, trouble shoot and repair on all fitness and equipment or systems located in the facility. Change lights/ballasts, perform floor care, coordinate pool and spa testing and maintenance as well as operation. Facility door rounds and snow removal as necessary. Works in conjunction with other departments throughout the facility in a variety of maintenance functions.
1. Maintain all indoor and outdoor public areas in a clean, safe and orderly manner. Work as part of cohesive team ensuring that the facility is always exceptionally maintained. Consistently make rounds of the facility to make sure equipment is functioning properly.
2. Lock and Unlock exterior doors per facility schedule.
3. Maintain all mechanical systems, facility workout equipment and pool/spa equipment in safe and proper working condition.
4. Pick up and dispose of any and all trash, garbage, or cardboard in all areas of the facility. Pick up soiled towels throughout the facility and deposit them in the laundry area.
5. Perform maintenance on all electrical, plumbing, and boiler mechanical systems.
6. Periodic maintenance in keeping with schedules and prioritizing emergency situations as they arise.
7. All aspects of pool/spa operations will be performed routinely. This includes but is not limited to automated fill, chemical delivery, twice daily testing, pumping, filtering, and UV systems. Water quality will be kept at correct levels through extensive testing and quality operating procedures.
8. All work order assignments are to be done timely and the work order system will be kept track of; following up when necessary.
9. Understand and follow ability/authority limits; i.e., know when to ask for help and when to call in backup staff.
10. Change belts, motors, filters on HVAC and Pool Pak’s, remove access doors from roof as needed for repairs.
11. Keep sidewalks clear of ice, snow, and debris by shoveling, plowing, and broadcasting salt. Keep roof free of leaves and debris as needed. If necessary employ level to move parking curbs for snow removal and 80# bags of salt onto dolly in pool room.
12. Light bulb and bales changing are required throughout the facility using ladders and lifts.
13. Pool deck is kept clean; nightly hose off with hot water, auto scrubber will be utilized weekly.
14. Laundry and locker room area are to be monitored for repairs at all time. Laundry equipment is to be kept in top working order. Any and all defects are to be reported to the Operations Manager immediately.
15. Inform other departmental staff of occurrences through the use of the daily log and communicate concerns to the Operations Manager. Follow directives of the Operations Manager.
16. Assemble equipment, clean tennis courts twice weekly with the riding sweep/vacuum machine, and return tarps to storage as needed.
1. High school diploma or equivalent education.
2. Low-pressure boilers license required (new employees are given 18 months to obtain license).
3. Certified Pool/Spa Operator (CPO) required (new employees are given 18 months to obtain certification).
1. AED & CPR Certification required (new employees are given 90 days to obtain certification)
4. 3 to 4 years of advanced building and mechanical maintenance, electrical, and plumbing experience required. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
5. Valid Montana Driver License required.
6. HVAC and pneumatic experience is preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.