Management Job Duties:
Drive organizational objectives by operationalizing changes and initiatives effectively and efficiently. Proactively anticipate both the needs of KRH and the impact operations has on the organization’s success. Collect and analyze data, prepare and present recommendations, and explain associated benefits and risks for improving operations.
Demonstrate and further develop competencies in the areas of leadership, financial management, employee engagement, human resources knowledge, organizational dynamics and governance, organizational communication, strategic planning, change management, risk management, compliance, patient safety and quality improvement. Demonstrate professional ownership, self-development and a desire for life-long learning.
Serve as a role model for others by exhibiting the KRH core values: integrity, compassion, service, excellence and ownership. Lead and influence the team to provide outstanding customer service. Develop and foster relationships with other KRH leaders, departments and members of the team to support open communication, trust, transparency and collaboration.
Creates a supportive department culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training for optimum job performance. Collaborates with Human Resources to develop, implement and support programs and processes that add value to KRH, its leadership and employees. Leads to improve culture, employee and physician engagement, empowerment, growth and retention, while remaining committed to KRH’s management and prosperity for its customers, employees and community.
Job Specific Duties:
- *Provides leadership that assures continuing efficient, fiscally-stable and medically-sound patient care.
- *Provides oversight of all aspects of fiscal operation related to hospital.
- *Develops strategies to meet hospital objectives such as budgeting, building reserves, capital planning, new projects and initiatives.
- *Performs evaluation and assessment of overall hospital operations.
- *Leads, develops, and holds individuals accountable to deliver positive results and meet individual and hospital goals.
- *Assures an organizational work climate of collaboration, creativity, innovation, and accomplishment for all hosptial objectives.
- *Establishes and maintains an effective organizational/management structure for areas of accountability.
- *Recommends for approval the annual objectives, strategic plans, and programs for effective long-range hospital development.
- *Enhances systems, processes, and business metrics required for tracking the key hospital performance measures needed to meet internal and external financial/growth targets and goals.
- *Maintains and promotes a clear view of the objectives and mission of the hospital while advancing the mission and strength of an intrical part of an integrated system of health services.
- *Leads in a manner to grow, develop, coach, and mentor direct reports. Develops leaders by defining roles/responsibilities, promoting continuous learning, education and training, and assessing performance. Provides clear expectations and standard of accountability to ensure consistency with Logan Health’s mission, vision and core values.
- *Serves as the administrative representative/spokesperson for the assigned service area, representing the programs to all internal and external constituencies.
- *Performs as an integral part of operational analysis and decision making, including the development of annual budgets and policy positions. Monitors the quality, volume, and profitability of services, and initiates actions as necessary to maintain and improve these parameters.
- *Participates in professional organizations and related activities in order to keep abreast of practices in health, medical, and nursing care, and informs others of current trends.
- *Directs the design, implementation, and continuous evaluation of the hopital’s operations and processes in the context of continuous improvement.
- *Monitors the quality, volume, and profitability of services, and initiates actions as necessary to maintain and improve these parameters.
- *Ensures all areas of services and programs are in compliance with appropriate external regulatory standards and requirements.
- The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
*Job duties denoted with an asterisk are classified as Essential Job Functions.